Senior Weatherization Program
Weatherization and Home Security Grants for Senior Citizens
The City of Liberal Housing & Community Development is offering a grant up to $3,000 for weatherization and home security improvements. Grant funds are limited and applications will be provided on a first come first-served basis.
Eligible improvements include:
- Insulation for attic and walls
- Weather-stripping for doors and windows
- Security lighting
- Security doors and security screen doors
- Energy efficient windows
Property owner eligibility
- Combined Household income must not exceed 125% of the area median income
- Applicant must be 60 years old or older, or permanently disabled of any age
- Occupant must be owner or record of the property
- Inspection by the City and approval by the City of work to be done must happen prior to commencement of work
- Property owner(s) will be limited to one weatherization grant in a 3-year period
The annual family income must be no more than 125% of the area median income:
Persons in family Income Limit
Terms and Conditions of Grant
- Following approval of the application, an inspection of the property will be made by the City. A list of eligible weatherization and home safety items will be prepared.
- City will arrange for approved work to be completed by a licensed and insured contractor.
- Upon completion and approval of work, payment will be made to the contractor within 30 days.
- Work must be completed within 60 days of City approval (extensions may be granted).
How to Apply
For more information and an application, please call the Housing & Community Development Department at (620) 626-2250. Grant funds are limited and applications will be provided on a first come first-served basis. Work under this program may be done in conjunction with work under the Housing Rehabilitation Loan Program. This program is financed through the City of Liberal One-Cent Sales Tax.
- City of Liberal
- Housing & Community Development
- 324 N. Kansas Avenue
- Liberal, KS 67901
- Phone: (620) 626-2250
- Fax: (620) 626-0589