Who we are
The City of Liberal Housing & Community Development Programs are funded by 15% of the one-cent sales tax, as well as federal and state funds to provide housing related services to benefit citizens and neighborhoods of Liberal. These funds provide direct services and to contract with service providers. Services are provided to persons who meet income qualifications and are otherwise qualified for assistance.
Please browse our website to learn more about how we can help you or someone you know!
To provide housing and related services to benefit the citizens and neighborhoods of Liberal.
To help people enjoy and safe and livable community in which citizen involvement supports and upholds the value of being safe and secure in one's own community.
Items to include in the Quick Links module category for Housing Authority would be third-party sites or other information that would be beneficial for a citizen looking at this page.
- Respectfully helping others achieve safe, affordable housing.
- Empowering people and improving neighborhoods.
- Investing in people and their housing needs
- Making a difference--right where people live.
- Promoting fair housing in the community.
- Providing homeownership education to assist people with making the right housing choice.
- First-Time Homebuyer down payment assistance program
- Paint the Town
- Neighborhood Revitalization Districts
- Rural Housing Incentive Districts
- SAFE (Smoke Alarms for Everyone) at Home
- Senior Housing--Emergency Repairs, Exterior Enhancement and Weatherization
- Single-family New Construction Housing Incentive Program