Our Human Resources department is responsible for administering employment and benefit programs, payroll, policies and procedures, recruitment, selection and retention for approximately 320 members of our team.
We post our available positions on the www.ksgovjobs.com website.
Applicants are welcome to apply online at the www.ksgovjobs.com website, or in person at our office in City Hall, located at 324 N. Kansas Ave in Liberal. The City of Liberal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
City of Liberal Employee Benefits
- Compensation: Our team members receive competitive pay on a bi-weekly salary schedule based on an hourly rate or projected annual rate over the course of 26 pay periods per year. Base pay and eligible compensation are subject to legally required deductions such as FICA (Social Security); federal, state, and/or local withholding taxes as required by location of residence and work); and voluntary deductions that are authorized by the employee for participation in City sponsored benefit plans.
- Group Health, Dental, and Life Insurance: All regular full-time employees are eligible for the City's group medical and dental insurance plan through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas. The City offers different tiered plans based on eligible coverage, with monthly employee medical insurance premiums starting at just $36. Employee and dependent coverage is based on a small fee to the employee. Life insurance is also provided by the City of Liberal for employees at no additional cost. Temporary, seasonal and part-time employees are not eligible for this benefit.
- Additional Insurance Coverage: Regular full-time employees may select additional insurance plans from of the various system-approved carriers who offer additional insurance options. The selections and participation of an additional insurance plan is at the employee's expense.
- Retirement Plan: Full-time employees are required to participate in the Kansas Employees Retirement System (KPERS). Authorized Fire and Police personnel are required to participate in the Kansas Police and Fireman's Retirement System (KP&F).
- Additional Retirement Investment Plans: Employees may select an additional retirement investment plan from one of the various system-approved carriers who offer investment options. The selection and participation of an additional retirement plan is at the employee's expense.
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal and Wellness Days: Full-time employees accrue nine (9) sick leave days annually. Full-time employees accrue up to 10 vacation days per year, with the total number of accrued days increasing after 5 and 10 years of employment. The City of Liberal recognizes thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- Employee Assistance Program: Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is designed assist employees with a variety of personal needs for issues such as work site conflicts, workforce effectiveness, career, marital conflicts, divorce, death, depression, alcohol or substance abuse, emotional problems, parenting concerns, financial problems and other domestic issues. All regular full- and part-time employees are eligible to participate in the Employee Assistance Program. The EAP is available for 24/7 access. Participation in EAP services is voluntary, confidential and will not be released without written consent of the employee. The EAP representative is legally compelled to release information if the individual being treated is a danger to self or others; child abuse is involved, as law may require, or a court order exists.
- Golf Membership: Full-time employees can obtain a golf membership at Willow Tree Golf Course at no cost. Membership is for the employee only.
324 N Kansas Avenue
Liberal, KS 67901
P.O. Box 2199
Liberal, KS 67905
Monday - Thursday
7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
7:30 - 11:30 a.m.