Contractor Requirements

Testing Qualifications

At this time, certain types of contractors are not required to take a test. The following contractors, however, are held to the following standards:

  • All building contractors must pass the ICBO, ICC, Prometric, IAPMO, or Block and Associates Test with a score of 75% or better.
  • All electrical, plumbing and mechanical contractors must pass the Block and Associates Test with a score of 75% or better.

Insurance Requirements

All contractors must have an insurance certificate of a minimum of $500,000 general liability insurance, including products and completed operations with the City of Liberal as Certificate Holder. 

Certificate of Good Standing

A Certificate of Good Standing from the Kansas Secretary of State.

Applications & Instructions

Applications and instructions can be obtained from the Administrative Assistant.  Please call 620-626-2261 or stop by City Hall.

Contact Us

  1. Kevin Kirk


    Building Department / Inspections

    324 N Kansas Avenue
    Liberal, KS 67901

    Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 2199
    Liberal, KS 67905

    Phone: 620-626-2261

    Office Hours:
    Monday - Thursday
    7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
    7:30 - 11:30 a.m.
    (Excluding Holidays)

    Staff Directory